Friday, September 28, 2012

Read This F@!%ing Book! - New Feature and First Post!


Welcome to a new feature I'm going to post from time to time called:

Read This F@!%ing Book!

This is a feature for me to push my favorite reads that just aren't getting enough attention! 

I'm also opening it up to anyone who would like to guest post. Do you have a book that you just LURVED but feel like its not getting the play it deserves? Email me to let me know and I'd be THRILLED to have you post about it here! Especially if its something I haven't reviewed yet - that's even better! If you're interested email me:
Gildardc10@hotmail.com

Now.....on to my first post:




Why I'm pushing it: I know what some of you are thinking. Why push this series? Its probably getting PLENTY of attention! Well here's the thing.....SOME people aren't reading the series because they think they won't like Sydney. GASP! Let me convince you!

Why I love Sydney and this spinoff: Sydney is not Rose - that's true. And as much as I loved Rose, I also love Sydney because she's a little different than the typical YA heroine out there right now. Instead of acting before she thinks or going balls out.....Sydney uses her intelligence to kick ass. I kind of think its daring for Richelle Mead to write an anti-cool dork like Sydney as the main character. What a girl for teens to look up to! She thinks things through! She's values things like education and reading! And even though she's a total nerd, she has some seriously funny and endearing moments in these books. You don't mess with Sydney's friends and family without consequences.....a wimp she is not (case in point: We finally learn why Sydney made a deal with Abe and it is juicy!). 

Catch up with your favorite side characters from VA: Eddie and Jill are back as major players in the Bloodlines series.....and P.S. Eddie is adorable! Dimitri and Rose are even in The Golden Lily! Want to catch up with everybody you loved in VA? Well, here you go!

Also.....there's Adrian: Maybe you live in a cave. Maybe you've had mono for like, two years. Because you've obviously forgotten about Adrian! HELLO! Adrian! He is even better in the Bloodlines series than in Vampire Academy! And unlike in VA, where you just knew things weren't going to work out for him, in Bloodlines you can root for him to get the girl! He is SO devilishly charming and irrestible in these books, especially in The Golden Lily

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, there you go. That's me pushing Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy spinoff, Bloodlines. If you were a VA fan please give this series a try. And if you've read the first book and were on the fence you REALLY need to read book two! 

I firmly believe that often our reaction to a book depends heavily on what we thought we were getting into and I think going into this series you need to not except another VA. Sydney is a different and more mature character and this series is less vampire, more Alchemists. I love Sydney and I hope you will give her a chance!


If you'd like to participate in Read This F@!%ing Book let me know!



11 comments:

  1. fabulous feature, I love the idea! I may have to recommend a few reads :) I am not the biggest YA reader, but even I read both of these books! I like Sydney, and I LOVE Adrian, great choices! Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to be a book pusher!!! I had intended to post about something a little less known...but somehow I ended up writing about these books today! Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  2. You had me at Dimitri ;) Add in some Adrian and I'm sold. I had been putting this off because, well... I wasn't sure I wanted to start another YA series. Reminding me of how much I loved all of these characters just might sway me to start it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who the hell would not read this series? I mean it has Adrian in it. That is enough to read it. But while I wasn't excited for Sydney I found that I love her. But even still I would read this book if Spongebob was telling the story as long as Adrian was in it!

    Love the Feature!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this idea! I have Bloodlines on my TBR Bookcase but like so many of my books I haven't gotten to it yet. I also have Vampire Academy too but again, haven't gotten to it. I can hardly wait to see what your next post is about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was actually one of the people who was happy to have a book with Sydney as the MC. She always intrigued me, and I wanted to see if her stuck-uppedness (heh) would get better when she had to spend more time around the vamps.

    Adrian is an added bonus, of course, I love his self-depreciating humor.

    I might have a couple of books I'd like to push as well... This is a great idea.

    (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have Bloodlines on my shelf. I borrowed it from a friend and plan to read it before the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good one. I have to read Golden Lily

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great idea. I love when ppl psh books onto me.

    I have yet to read the VA series so I guess I'm really behind on this whole series and spinoff series. I do own the first few books in the VA series though so I need to just dust the books off and read them already.

    congrats on a new feature!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just can't agree with you on this series. Well, actually, I haven't read The Golden Lily, but I found Bloodlines so offensive that I knew I wouldn't be reading the second one.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...