Monday, July 29, 2013

Read This F@!%ing Book (16)



Welcome to a feature I'm going to post on Mondays called:

Read This F@!%ing Book!

This is a feature for me to push my favorite reads that just aren't getting enough attention! 

I'm also opening it up to anyone who would like to guest post. Do you have a book that you just LURVED but feel like its not getting the play it deserves? Email me to let me know and I'd be THRILLED to have you post about it here! Especially if its something I haven't reviewed yet - that's even better (but not necessary)! If you're interested email me:
Goldilox3weres@hotmail.com

This week's post comes from Shelly @ Gizmo's Reviews
Gizmo's Reviews
Read This F@!%ing Book Post 16: The Kitty Katt Series
Touched by an Alien (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #1) Alien Tango (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #2) Alien in the Family (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #3) Alien Proliferation (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #4)
Alien Diplomacy (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #5) Alien vs. Alien (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #6)  Alien in the House (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #7)

Why I'm Pushing It:

I truly believe that the Katherine "Kitty" Katt series by Gini Koch should be read by more people. First, you have one of the snarkiest, badass, heroine you will find in any genre Second, can I just say very sexy aliens who are drool worthy? If you have any friends who have read this series, might I suggest that you ask them about Kittyism? You have to read the books in order to find out what I'm talking about, but, each book has a series of funny quotations, and sayings that fall right into Kitty's lap. As this series has gone on, Kitty has killed aliens with a pen, with hair spray, and an assortment of other made up weaponry. She's gone from being a marketing manager, to commander in charge of the Air
Division (navy pilots), to the new ambassador for the Alpha Centurions living on Earth and
saving it from alien incursions. I am also pushing this because there are times when Kitty is the only one who understands the severity of the situation and comes up with totally random ideas on how to fight back without getting herself killed in the process. It's a hard life to live once you realize that there are a whole bunch of villains who want you dead and out of the way. Yet, Kitty somehow maintains her sanity, and has some series friends who stand by her side no matter what the situation.

Why I love it:


I love the romance between Kitty and Jeff. It is hot and steamy and not just thrown in for the sake of selling sex to the general masses.
I love the action and adventure and suspense and the fact that Kitty is number one on EVERYONE's hit parade to remove so that they can take over the planet. I love the fact that her best friend Christopher belongs to the CIA ET Division, while her mother is a former mossad operative and her father works for NASA which Kitty never knew until she got in deep with the Alpha Centauri.
I love James Reader, Kitty's best friend in the A-C and a former male model who just happens to be gay. I love the interaction between James & Kitty.

Kitty!

Kitty is charming to a fault. She has the funniest come back lines, and her interaction with the A-C's is really fun to read especially her partner in crime. She wears an Aerosmith T-shirt, sneakers, an I-pod with head banging Rock N Roll. She is like her mother in that she jumps in and takes charge and decides to bring in two A-C women named Claudia and Lorraine, who are scientists, to be a part of her alien ass-kicking team. For the A-C, women are scientists, while the men are the operatives. Since the release of Touched by an Alien, more A-C women have become part of Kitty's extended family and fighting team.

Katherine "Kitty" Katt series reading order:
1. Touched by an Alien
2. Alien Tango
3. Alien in the Family
4. Alien Proliferation
5. Alien Diplomacy
6. Alien vs. Alien
7. Alien in the House

   
Have you read this book?
Did Shelly persuade you to add it to your TBR mountain?
Let us know in the comments below!

4 comments:

  1. I own book 1 in this series. That's a start, right?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow never heard it, but Kitty sounds like a great heroine. going to add it to my list right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a couple of these sitting on my bookcase on loan from a friend. I need to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read every book in this series and a few of Gini's not in this series. I would give the series a B- rating. I think they go on a little long and the writing can be tightened up plus after a couple of books the humor seems a bit forced.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...