Friday, September 12, 2014

Really Short Reviews: The Black Dagger Brotherhood Part 1

Co-blogger Gretl had a great idea for a new feature called Really Short Reviews, for those books we read but don't need to write a full length review for.
 Let us know in the comments what you think of the format. Should we make it a regular feature?

This is my Really Short Reviews post, Black Dagger Brotherhood style!
I do not like the Black Dagger Brotherhood series.
I am obsessed with the Black Dagger Brotherhood series.
Thanks a lot, guys.


Lover Eternal (BDB #2) by J.R. Ward
Links: Goodreads Amazon

My Really Short Review: 
I wasn't sure I'd enjoy reading about a heroine who was dying of an illness, but I was happily surprised. Mary was actually a strong heroine. Rhage's alter ego as the giant white creature-thing was super interesting and I couldn't wait to find out more about it throughout the story. The best part of this book, though, was all the other POV's that set up future story lines with the other brothers, mostly it was the beginnings of Zsadist and Bella's story and John Matthew's beginnings with the Brotherhood that hooked me. Glad I gave this series another try!

    
  4 stars


Lover Awakened (BDB #3) by J.R.Ward
Links: Goodreads Amazon

My Really Short Review: 
Holy crap, now I'm hooked. Zsadist's story wasn't exactly what I thought it would be - I thought he would be the Brother with the weird sexual habits (we learn who that is soon...), but actually he is just completely and totally damaged. I really liked Bella - strong, smart, not at all annoying. I loved her strength with the crazy ass Lesser who had captured her. Zsadist and Bella are an awesome couple. Again, I loved getting glimpses at some of the stories still to come - John Matthew in training (holy cow his story is so crazy/sad/amazing!), Phury, Butch, and Vishous. 
    
 stars


Lover Revealed (BDB #4) by J.R. Ward
Links: Goodreads Amazon

My Really Short Review: 
I heart Butch so much and even though Marissa was slightly annoying and wimpy at times, her growth throughout the book was super. The stop and start between the two of them drove me a little bit crazy and this romance was definitely different from the previous books in that it was a little sweeter and slower to develop. Overall this one falls in the middle of the previous two books for me as far as the main couple goes, but with all the progress in the side stories and the awesome ending it gets a little bump in the rating.

 1/2
4 1/2 stars


Now, off to read V's book...SUPER excited!



1 comment:

  1. Oh I can't wait to see what you think of V. I love his book it is my favorite in the entire series. I'm glad you are loving this series because it is awesome. I want to go back and read the old books now because we can never have enough of the brothers!
    Thanks for the great reviews!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...