Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Goldilox and the Ten Lists: Top Ten Adult Paranormals of 2014



Welcome to Goldilox and the Ten Lists, our year end countdown of our favorite books by category. We'll have a new subject every weekday between now and the end of the year. Today I'm telling you about my top ten adult paranormal reads of 2014.

I rarely rate a book 5 stars. This year it was less than 10% of all the books I read. Here are my favorites of my 5 star UF/PNR reads in no particular order. I've mentioned a lot of them already in other lists, so I'm keeping this short and sweet. Let me know your picks in the comments.

And check out our Five Fave YA Paranormals of 2014.

Dirty Magic (Prospero's War #1)
by Jaye Wells
Links: Goodreads Amazon
Why I love it: Realistic police action in a magical world. Great supporting cast, including a few of those freaky characters that Wells' fans love. This is the only one of this year's releases that I've already read twice (and it was just as awesome the second time.)
Read Goldilox's audio review
Burn For Me (Hidden Legacy #1)
by Ilona Andrews
Links: Goodreads Amazon
Why I love it: This book completely blew me away! It's got huge magic, smoking sexual tension and a great cast. Kept me up late. Unputdownable!
Read my review





House Immortal (House Immortal #1)
by Devon Monk
Links: Goodreads Amazon
Why I love it: Original world building and fascinating characters. It's Frankenstein meets Firefly crossed with The Hunger Games and it's amazing.
Read my review






Reckoning (Fallen Siren #2)
by S.J. Harper
Links: Goodreads Amazon
Why I love it: I'm a sucker for a paranormal police procedural. Throw in some supernatural politics and I'm hooked. I love the chemistry between Emma and Zack. And the heart-wrenching endings in this series - oh the feels!
Read my review




Banishing the Dark (Arcadia Bell #4)
by Jenn Bennett
Links: Goodreads Amazon
Why I love it: Lon and Cady went out on a high note. This final book in the series is an amazing adventure and a great love story.
Read Goldilox's review






Against the Dawn (Shaede Assassin #4)
by Amanda Bonilla
Links: Goodreads Amazon
Why I love it: Shaede Assassin is one of my favorite underappreciated series. I read this book in one sitting. Absolutely couldn't put it down! It's an emotional roller coaster with a cliffhanger ending.





Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels #7)
by Ilona Andrews
Links: Goodreads Amazon
Why I love it: This one's kind of a no-brainer. Kate Daniels is always one of my favorites. Magic Breaks was epic and the ending was a total surprise.







Black Widow (Elemental Assassin #12)
by Jennifer Estep
Links: Goodreads Amazon
Why I  love it: Gin Blanco really gets put through the wringer in this book. It has amazing actions scenes, a great villain and a twisty plot. Possibly the best one in the series!
Read my review




Fury of the Demon (Kara Gillian #6)
by Diana Rowland
Links: Goodreads Amazon
Why I love it: One of my sleeper picks. I love this series, but I see a lot more people talking about White Trash Zombie. So many things happened in this book. My mind was completely blown!






House of the Rising Sun (Crescent City #1)
by Kristen Painter
Links: Goodreads Amazon
Why I love it: I love the Fae world that Painter created in this first book of the Crescent City series. Lots of unique magic and original creatures.







That was number ten in Goldilox and the Ten Lists, but there's actually one more. (Goldilox and the Eleven Lists just doesn't have the same ring to it.) Join us tomorrow for our Most Anticipated 2015 Releases.





4 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic list! Most of my favorite authors are on this list! There are a couple I haven't read yet though, but they are at least on my TBR. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read six out of the ten titles on your list. YEAH!! *high five* I'm psyched to see that Amanda Bonilla's book is getting some love from Goldilox and the Three Weres; it's well deserved, she's so talented! Plus, as you well know, Ty never disappoints!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope more people will discover Shaede Assassin from it being on the list. I actually found it a few years ago from Goldilox's Read This Book post.

      Delete

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...