Thursday, March 31, 2016

Superweek Spotlight: Burn For Me by Ilona Andrews

Welcome to the first ever Superweek at Goldilox and the Three Weres, an entire week devoted to superheroes, supervillains, and superpowers! As part of our celebration of all things super, we're highlighting some of our favorite Super Reads that we've featured on the blog.


You all know that the ladies here at Goldilox and the Three Weres adore the husband and wife writing duo that makes up Ilona Andrews. So of course we were ecstatic when we got an Ilona Andrews book with SUPER POWERS! Burn for Me is not my favorite book of theirs but I still loved it and it set up a unique world that I want to explore more in future books.

This book has it all! I loved how the world is ruled by these magical families Houses and the powers were fascinating! I'm always up for more telekinetics, pyrokinetics, and others in literature. The characters were amazing and I instantly wanted more pages just to read more of their interactions. I could read a whole book about just the Baylor clan being together. It was a breath of fresh air to see a UF heroine with such awesome family dynamics. We need more of loving families in the genre. 

And like all Ilona Andrews books, the action started early and the plot just didn't quit. Nevada was an absolute delight and Mad Rogan was an interesting hero that I want to see more of even though I didn't like him at first. The romance is setting up to be a slow burn that gets hotter as the hero and heroine undergo some character development. I can't wait to get my hands on books two and three next year! Also, I'm excited for the upcoming cover change because this one does not represent the book at all!

For more on this book, check out this post:

Add Burn For Me on Goodreads.
Buy the book on Amazon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...