Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Top 5 Wednesday: Favorite Underrated Books

Top 5 Wednesday is a group of bloggers, booktubers and bookstagrammers posting on a common topic every (you guessed it) Wednesday. You can find the lists by searching #T5W or Top 5 Wednesday. And you can join the group on Goodreads if you want to participate. 


This week's topic is our Favorite Underrated Books.


5. The Midnight Breed Series by Lara Adrian
You know those series you see in the Amazon recs of your favorite series that you think look interesting but you haven't heard much about? That's how the Midnight Breed books were for me. I'd seen them in my Amazon recs for years before I finally binge read the series in 2016. I loved it! It's a little slow starting but it puts a completely different spin on the vampire mythos. Two words completely changed everything up: Vampiric Aliens. Seriously, the vampires are from space and it is amazing!


4. The Blud Series by Delilah S. Dawson
I don't know why more people haven't read these. They're so good! They're the strange vampire steampunk portal fantasy books I never knew I needed until I picked them up. Also, everyone needs to meet Criminy Stain for themselves.

You can check out our RTFB post on the series here.


3. The Black Blade Trilogy by Jennifer Estep
You all know that we love Jennifer Estep here on the Goldilox blog. We're always hearing tons of great things about her Elemental Assassin books. Don't get me wrong. I think that series is great but, at the same time, I think that her YA series is seriously underrated. It's about magical mob families and monsters and has a thief as the main character. How is it as underrated as it is? The story is great and the characters are even better! More people need to read these books.

Our Reviews of this Series:
Cold Burn of Magic by Jennifer Estep
Dark Heart of Magic by Jennifer Estep
Bright Blaze of Magic by Jennifer Estep



2. The Edge Series by Ilona Andrews
The Ilona Andrews writing duo is best known for their Kate Daniels series and while I love those books, I don't think their Edge series gets enough hype. They're more romance heavy than the Kate books and actually follow more of a paranormal romance format with each book focusing on a different couple than most urban fantasy books. The magic system is awesome but it's just a small part of a truly amazing and expansive world. I adored these books and think more people should read them.

Our RTFB post on this series can be found here.


1. The Heartstrikers Series by Rachel Aaron
I'm not going to lie. I'm going to use buzzwords to get across why you should read this series. Post-Apocalyptic Magical Detroit. Dragons. Commercialized magic. Soul-sucking ghost cats. Shenanigans. What more could you want in a series?

Our RTFB post on the first book can be found here.

What books do you think are underrated?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...