Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Top 5 Wednesday: Favorite Minor Characters



Top 5 Wednesday is a group of bloggers, booktubers and bookstagrammers posting on a common topic every (you guessed it) Wednesday. You can find the lists by searching #T5W or Top 5 Wednesday. And you can join the group on Goodreads if you want to participate.



This week's topic is:
Favorite Minor Characters 
Minor characters are less than a sidekick or a side character (but not in our hearts!) Everyone will have a different definition of what makes a minor vs a side character but just as an example, I'd consider Ron and Hermione side characters, while Lavender Brown, Oliver Wood, and Dean Thomas are minor characters.

 

5. Bellatrix Lestrange and Delores Umbridge from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
Sometimes the bad guys are so much fun! I didn't want to make an entire list of Harry Potter characters, but I also love Dobby and Kreature.

47212

4. Bob the Skull from The Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher 
Bob is kind of like a genie in a lamp, but instead of granting wishes he stores obscure magical knowledge and instead of a genie he's a pervert.


3. Annabelle Shaw from the Chicagoland Vampires series by Chloe Neill
The Chicagoland Vampires books have a ton of A+ side/minor characters but Annabelle, the friendly neighborhood necromancer, easily became a favorite when she appeared on the page in Midnight Marked. I would love it if she got her own novella or book some day!


2. Oberon from The Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne
I have a lot of favorite talking animal companions but Oberon is hands down my favorite! He is hilarious and I love his relationship with Atticus! I can't help but grin every time he makes an appearance in the books.


1. Jupe Butler from the Arcadia Bell series by Jenn Bennett
My all-time favorite teenaged half-demon film buff! I'm still hoping Jenn Bennett will write a YA spin off starring Jupe one day.

 and

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...