Monday, December 4, 2017

Gretl's Gift Guide Part 2: Fandom Edition

We've made it through Cyber Week. Is all of your holiday shopping done? If you still need some help deciding what to get for your favorite geeks, here are some suggestions. You can't go anywhere without tripping over tons of Star Wars merchandise, so that could probably take up its own post. But I tried to include things you can get in brick and mortar stores since it's getting close to the wire for ordering from small businesses like Etsy stores.

Harry Potter

I know I did the Potterheads' gifts in Part 1 of the gift guide, but I saw this in Barnes and Noble on Black Friday and I loved it so much I had to share. I wish I'd taken a picture in the store though. The photo from the website doesn't really do justice to the Monster Book of Monsters Plushie/Pillow.

I've seen lots of Harry Potter jewelry on Etsy but I was surprised to find a collection at Kohl's. It's understated and really well-priced. As I'm writing this, you can get the Always bracelet for $11.99. They also have a collection of HP apparel from Her Universe.

Stranger Things

Did you see the super cute Stranger Things bookmark from last month's Whimsify box? Studoadorkable also has matching stickers and planner clips, plus other fandoms like Star Wars and Harry Potter.
Geekfire Labs has wax melts inspired by the Upsidedown and Eleven's waffles lip balms. I have one of their lip balms from a recent Owlcrate and like how moisturizing it is.

Target has tees and sweatshirts in both men's and women's sizes, plus a whole section in the collectible area (where they keep the Funko Pops at the back of  the books and movies.) The plush demogorgons kind of creep me out, but maybe someone you know will love them. And if you have a relative without Netflix you can get them season 1 on DVD.

Firefly

I need more makeup like I need more books, but I so want these Firefly-inspired shadows that come with their own little Jane hat from Espionage Cosmetics.

Supernatural

Rose Red recommends TheGeekStudio for jewelry and pins. They have a great selection of Supernatural items like this necklace to protect you against possession, plus Star Wars and other fandoms.

You might have seen my bookmarks from Nerdygrl Designs in like all of my bookstagram pics. She's recently added Supernatural designs. This one's my new favorite bookmark.

What's on your holiday shopping list?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...