Friday, January 26, 2018

Kindle Books I Forgot I Bought, Vol. 1


I was catching up on reading blog posts this week when I came across this post by Kristen over at See You in Porridge about how she has so many unread ebooks on her Kindle that she has forgotten about. I have never related to something so much in my recent memory.

I recently had to redownload all of my Kindle books because my four year old godson somehow deleted the app off of my iPad. I have so many unread books on there that it kind of makes me a bit sick. I don't even want to say the number out loud. Just suffice it to say that my unread ebook TBR makes my unread physical book pile look like a hill. I swear ebooks are like tribbles and they multiply when I'm not looking.

As annoying as it is that the Kindle app doesn't have a download all button (Seriously, Amazon! That needs to be fixed!), it was fun and enlightening to discover all of the ebooks I forgot I had bought or been given. I will probably make this into a feature on the blog just so I can remind myself about some of the ebooks I own. So let's talk about some of the hidden treasures I found.

If you want more information on each book, just click the cover and it will take you to Goodreads.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17259690-the-foxhole-court?ac=1&from_search=true#

The Foxhole Court by Nora Sakavic
(All for the Game #1)

During my post-Raven Cycle book slump, I searched out anything that was remotely compared to the series. One of the biggest recommendations Tumblr had for me was the All for the Game series by Nora Sakavic. I honestly don't know much about it other than the Raven Cycle comparision. One of these days I'll read it. It helps that this book was free on Kindle.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13455099-mechanica?ac=1&from_search=true

Mechanica by Betsy Cornwell
(Mechanica #1)

I picked this book up when it was a Kindle deal. It was kind of a cover buy for me. Although, I was immediately sold once I read the synopsis. A steampunk Cinderella retelling where Cinderella is an inventor with a clockwork menagerie is something that is totally up my alley. Sadly, that's all I know about the book. I'm kind of sad it has been gathering dust on my Kindle. I was really excited to read it when I bought it.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24259392-a-hidden-fire

A Hidden Fire by Elizabeth Hunter
(Elemental Mysteries #1)

This is one of those free Kindle deals I've picked up over the years. All I know about it is that it has vampires and librarians and a slow burn romance. I'm a sucker for a good paranormal romance and this one has really good reviews. Also, it's the first in a series of four books and a couple spin-off series so it will be totally bingeable when I finally get around to reading it.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9860837-ironskin?ac=1&from_search=true

Ironskin by Tina Connolly
(Ironskin #1)

This book is toted to be a paranormal retelling of Jane Eyre full of Fey, curses, and romance. I am still intrigued by the premise of a cursed governess trying to help a cursed child and her father. I feel bad that I completely forgot about this one while I was waiting for the series to be completed. I'm going to have to binge read the whole series soon. 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25615831-dark-horse?ac=1&from_search=true

Dark Horse by Michelle Diener
(Class 5 #1)

I'm totally one of those people who buy books solely on the recommendation of a favorite author. So when my paranormal romance queen, Nalini Singh, raved and recommended this sci-fi romance on Twitter, I immediately bought it. The only things I know about it are: the romance is heartwarming, the worldbuilding is amazing, and that there is an AI involved. I really should read it soon. I'm always looking for a good sci-fi romance and I own the next two books in the series as well as this one. I'm perfectly set up to binge read it.

What books have you found on your Kindle that you had forgotten about?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...