Wednesday, April 11, 2018

TBR Bingo: My Winter Recap and My Spring TBR

 

So... let's talk about how well I did on my Winter 2018 TBR Bingo card. The answer is okay. I've been in a major reading slump since last December where the only things I've felt like reading are comics, manga, and fanfic. I'm twenty books behind where I was at this time last year and I hate that I am. Thankfully, I'm finally getting back into reading books again so hopefully I'll do better with my Spring Bingo card. I actually ended up changing my winter card up due to some DNFs and while I actually read several books off my new card, no bingos were acquired.


After evaluating how I did with my winter card, I realized I read mostly new releases this last quarter. So I decided to put more 2018 books on my spring card that I've just bought or have on pre-order. Checking seven books off my TBR pile is nothing to sneeze at. If something's not broke, we don't fix it, right? So I thought I'd share some of the newer releases I'm hoping to get of my TBR in the next three months. While I'm hoping to get to all 25 books on my card, these are the books that will have the highest priority.

Rose Red's Spring TBR



Space Opera by Catherynne M. Valente
I haven't read a book by Catherynne Valente yet but I'm excited that my first one is going to be this one. This book is marketed as The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy meets Eurovision and the premise alone is everything I never knew I needed! I need more wild and fun sci-fi in my life and I can't wait to pick this one up as soon as I finish the ARC I'm currently reading!


Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett
Jenn Bennett is one of my autobuy authors and I'm so excited to finally have her newest YA romcom in my hands. This one has a goth boy, hiking, and a frenemies-to-lovers romance. At this point I would read Jenn's grocery list but two teens stranded in the Sierra Nevadas sounds like something right up my alley!
 

Leah on the Offbeat by Becky Albertalli
I'm still riding the Simon vs wave from seeing the movie last month so I cannot wait to read the companion sequel about Leah. I have so many questions about Leah and I can't wait to have them answered. Also, I can't wait to see my favorite characters from the first book make their appearances on the page! I'm SO ready for this book! I'm going to read it as soon as UPS delivers it to my house.


Scourged by Kevin Hearne
I can't believe that the last book in The Iron Druid Chronicles is here. I'm so excited to see how this series ends but at the same time I'm not ready to let Atticus, Oberon, and the gang go. I think there will be tears when I finish this one.
 
 
Trail of Lightning by Rebecca Roanhorse
A post-apocalyptic urban fantasy novel that takes place on what used to be the Navajo reservation with Native characters, gods, and monsters that's also written by a Native author? YES PLEASE! GIVE IT TO ME NOW! I'm so excited to read this book! It just sounds amazing!


Furyborn by Claire LeGrand
I'll be honest. I don't really know what this book is about other than it has two timelines taking place 1000 years apart. What I do know is that it has been getting a lot of really good hype in the blogging community. I have an ARC of this and I can't wait to read it!


Emergency Contact by Mary H.K. Choi
I picked up this book on a whim while on vacation and I can't wait to read it! It's about two college age characters who have the worst meet cute ever but start texting each other despite it. Honestly, I was sold as soon as I read what the premise was. I'm really hoping this one lives up to my expectations.


The Queens of Innis Lear by Tessa Gratton
So... I picked up this book purely based on the raving of some of my best book friends, it's edited by Miriam W. at Tor, and the fact that it's blurbed by Robin McKinley. Plus, it's one of the books that was just announced as part of Tor's #FearlessWomen campaign. I really know nothing about what it's about but I can't bring myself to regret picking it up.


Heart of Iron by Ashley Poston
I've had this book in my possession since February and I STILL HAVEN'T READ IT! I DON'T KNOW WHY EITHER! It's ANASTASIA! IN SPACE! I really need to get my post-reading slump act together.


Chainbreaker by Tara Sim
I have no excuse for why I haven't read this book yet. Not only did I get my finished copy a couple weeks early, I'VE HAD AN ARC OF IT SINCE LAST NOVEMBER! Actually, I know why I haven't read this yet. I'm scared of it. I've seen so many of my friends' reactions to it and I'm scared of the emotional trauma it's going to bring. I'm going to woman up here soon and read it because I need more Danny and Colton in my life.

That's a few of the books I'm hoping to read for this quarter of TBR Bingo. Here's my whole card:


I really hope I can get to all of these in the next three months but if I don't I'm hoping to at least get two bingos. I really am excited to read all of these and to check them off my physical TBR.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I won't get bogged down with another book slump.

Which book should I read first?
What books are you excited to read this Spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...